Wednesday 1 August 2012

Your 2012 Five A Day...August

Well, the 1st August heralds the end of year number 42 for yours truly. No more counting down, no more sleeps to go. It has arrived so first up, it's a Happy Birthday to me!

There's much else to celebrate in August. The Olympics have begun in earnest and I've been cheering on the green and gold. The Opening Ceremony was quirkily British and aside from that inordinately weird section with all the beds, I loved watching it. And what a tribute to future sporting generations that torch lighting ceremony was - absolutely brilliant. I may have even welled up a little.

Back at Gidday HQ, I'm still quarantined and starting to go a little stir crazy - although at least I'm sleeping through the night now and my appetite has returned a little despite the aches, pains and general unattractiveness of my affliction.

And last but certainly not least, this month's Violent Veg introduces us to Brian, of the Parsnip variety. After Colin Carrot's heart-thumping exploits in June and July (you can see the Violent Veg Back Catalogue at the end of this post), Brian reminds us to enjoy some gentler pursuits this Summer...


But quite frankly this is now Day 7 of *tranquility* so even with the promise of a little tackle-nibbling, I think there'll be no such standing still for me.

Here's to throwing oneself in the deep end this August.

-----------------------
Five A Day Back catalogue

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for yesterday. And, chickenpox at your age? How silly. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get those glad rags on and celebrate your birthday in belated style.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jack. And you're telling me - I've been committed to staying in touch with the child within but this is ridiculous.

Good news is I'm back on my feet, albeit slowly - and am off to Barcelona with a girlfriend tomorrow for a weekend of celebration.

vegemitevix said...

OMG hope you're ok! I had chicken pox at the tender age of 32, it was absolutely diabolical. Happy birthday young one (I'm 44!) and hope you enjoyed Barcelona.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Vegemite Vix - when I blew out the candles in my head, I wished to be well for Barcelona...and it was amazing!