Thursday 1 March 2012

Your 2012 Five A Day - March

Violent Veg's March offering, a take on the quiz show Deal or No Deal for those who don't know, might seem to be a bit naff at first glance but funnily enough there's a little story I have to tell.


I've just spent 10 days with my Mum who loves a quiz show. Any quiz show. She's applied for a few, been on a few and still working and saving frantically to support her travels. Which basically tells me that it's harder than it looks.

The day after she arrived in London, we were walking past a hardware shop on the main road here in Fab Finchley when she stopped to take this photo...


Thinking that the jetlag had finally gotten the better of her, I think I said something like 'What ARE you doing?'

In response, she told me that she'd gotten quite far along in one of these quiz shows but when faced with a question about DeWalt, failed to connect the power tools brand she has been watching sponsor car races for years with the DeWalt of the question. She has been rubbished about it by her partner and Lil Chicky and Husband ever since.

So we uploaded the photo on to Facebook for them.


Hope March gives you something to smile about.
---------------------------------------------------------
Five A Day Back Catalogue
January
February

4 comments:

Alien said...

. . is it an Antipodean thing?

Unknown said...

What, the brand DeWalt? (I am presuming you know Deal or No Deal.) I've never heard of it before but apparently it sponsors a lot of the motor sport events that my sister, her hubby, mum and her partner go to...and they go a lot!

Linda A. said...

Isn't funny the odd things that bother us so much if we don't get them correct?! Thanks to your 'Mum', I shall know De Walts.

Unknown said...

Linda, I'm glad we have been of service... ;-)