Saturday 4 January 2014

Keep Calm And Carry On...

Gidday peeps and welcome to 2014. I hope you found something to celebrate and be inspired by as one year ended and another began.

In between getting out and about, I've been sorting stuff at Gidday HQ over a restorative nine days off before facing my first day back at work on January 2nd. And life's bright shiny distractions meant that a further two days passed before my first 2014 post. 

So here I am at last -  better late than never - four days in.

Today has been a bit of a personal maintenance day (the ladies out there will know exactly what I mean - looking good takes a little effort) but the other important thing on my to-do list was to find Gidday HQ's 2014 calendar. I had ventured out a couple of times over the Christmas period in an effort to have something ready to go come January 1st but had not found anything sufficiently inspiring, heart-warming or engaging to take pride of place on my fridge...

...until today.


This is part of the front cover of the Simon Drew's Famous Phrases calendar.  You can probably see why I was drawn to it...hic!

Anyway, each of his sketches is accompanied by a particularly witty twist on a well-known phrase. This one was also on the cover...


Core Jets / courgettes...geddit?

Anyway, it made me laugh in the shop so I bought it and brought it home, filled in all of the important dates and events I already know about and stuck it on the side of the fridge. And to celebrate its comic contribution here at Gidday HQ, I thought I'd take on the Calendar Challenge again, last seen in 2012 and featuring the irreverent bunch from Violent Veg

The Calendar Challenge means publishing a post on the first day of each month using the corresponding calendar page from that month as my theme/inspiration. And look at this, it's the 4th and I'm late already. But January has some good advice...


...although I'm not sure who 'Ron' is.

Anyway, I reckon there's only one thing left to do - let's get stuck in to 2014 and see what happens. 

Hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments: