Saturday 21 December 2013

The Art Of Giving...


That's right peeps. Just 4 days to go. And I'll bet there are a few of you who are feeling a little stressed by your unfinished Christmas shopping. 

Having to post mine overseas means that I cannot rely on a Christmas week dash around the shops but I admit that things did get a bit 'skinny' this year. The most difficult part is to find interesting yet post-friendly gifts - and I get so delighted when I find the perfect thing - so each year there's a bit of hunting around and inspired choosing to avoid sending yet more scarves, jewellery or gadgets. And in my shopping sorties this year, I've seen some corkers.

For the green thumb...
 

Edens Paper's plant-able wrapping paper has seeds embedded into the paper. Rip off your carrots, stick 'them' in the soil, water and watch them grow. In onion, tomato, chilli, broccoli and of course carrot, one sheet will set you back $9.95 or buy a mixed pack containing one of each for $39.95.

For the geographically challenged...


This fabulous 120 piece jigsaw puzzle from Ding Studio features all of London's postcode districts. If you fancy yourself a true local and think you know your way about, set yourself a challenge by completing it without looking at the picture. It's available from The National Gallery shop for £15.

For the young...


I'm led to believe that one of the many frustrations of having healthy, growing kids is just that - they grow out of everything! Go Plae has come up with a way of letting you customise shoes for your little ones to allow for their growing feet. There's even a variety pack of decorative bands so that young fashionistas can style for every outfit. Only available in stores stateside but you can order on-line at http://www.goplae.com/

For the young at heart...

Remember pinball machines? In my teens I could make a dollar's worth of 20 cent pieces last a really long time waiting for Mum to finish work at our local tenpin bowling centre. Then 'pinnies' got complex and expensive, I got interested in other things and now when I venture back, it's all over in an instant. But with this Duo Pinball Controller I might be able to get in a bit of practice and see off all those young things. Available for £11.99 at 
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com.

For the nostalgic just plain weird...


This one fascinates and disturbs me in turns. To keep those who've passed on close by, this service from And Vinyly will press their ashes into a vinyl record. You get to choose the soundtrack (24mins - 12mins each side) and then share your revolutionary memorial with up to 30 recipients. The basic package (for 30 discs) will cost you £3,000. *gulp* I am tempted to say something tacky about turning in their grave...

And speaking of corkers, for the aspiring sommelier...


...oh hang on, that's my Naked Wines delivery. Happy Christmas to me!

Remember there's only 4 sleeps to go but there's still plenty of time...just.

If you get your skates on...

No comments: