Sunday 13 May 2012

On The Move...

It's Sunday again and I have been sitting here wondering what to post about.

Should I take inspiration from this week's train reading and have a little muse about the lack of female role models?

Should I have a little rant about table manners and that the situation has become so grim that London's Kensington Hotel has taken it upon themselves to educate the nation's little savages with Petite Etiquette?

Should I express my incredulity that during the week, I learned (via a translated snippet from April's 'Emballages', a French Packaging Magazine) that in February the French Ministry of Ecology decreed that teabags were not packaging? (It may surprise you to know that there was quite a debate at work over this.)

Or should I convey my wonderment and excitement that the sun is indeed shining this weekend. All weekend. That includes yesterday when I spent a couple of hours outside and accomplished this...

Aaaah...such pretty paws!
All riveting stuff I can assure you...or it would become so under my fleet-fingered tap-tap-tapping.

But the birds are singing and the sun is out (did I mention that it's sunny?) and I have removed myself from my usual blogging locale in the Gidday HQ lounge room to here...



...because I have a bright shiny new laptop!

I can't decide what I am more excited about.

That I don't have to pedal hard to coax the old desktop into doing what I want - quite frankly, the number of times it has given up the ghost three quarters of the way through a post and made such a mess of what was saved that I've had to type it again. You guys should think yourselves lucky I'm addicted to sharing this blogging caper.

Or that I can surf from the comfy couch. Or anywhere in Gidday HQ for that matter (although the wifi signal did just drop out...)

Or that it goes fast. Really fast. Like 6GB fast. With lots of tabs open and stuff.

So I am tap-tap-tapping away as the birds sing and the sun shines through the french doors into the back room at Gidday HQ today...

...just because I can.

And for all of you doubting Thomases (is that the correct pluralisation for more than one doubting Thomas?), I would like to draw your attention to the date/time stamp on the photos to prove that it is really sunny today. Gloriously so...with a forecast top temperature of 19C.

So I'm off into the great outdoors again before it all disappears...

2 comments:

Linda A. said...

Ooh a new laptop, yay!

Mine is barely hanging on, just hoping I can get through my manuscript before...well, let's not type anything negative. I'm holding on until a visit back to US in late June, and then I might even make the big switch to a...MAC!

Thanks for the photos of Gidday from the UK Back Yard, enjoy the sun and warm weather. We have the former, not the latter. BTW, love the purple polish, too.

Unknown said...

Oooh manuscript...now that's exciting. Any spoilers you'd care to share? I'm always up for a Gidday scoop!

And sadly the purple polish is hidden beneath tights, socks and boots today as I splash through the rain. Such are the joys of Spring...