Sunday 26 December 2010

A Boxing Day Test...

Well the sleeps are gone and I am on the other side of the world where the temperatures are high and the run rate is low...yes, it's Boxing Day in Melbourne!

After much eating, drinking and hysterical laughter with Lil Chicky and Company yesterday, I am now faced with the recovery phase of the Christmas period and am wondering about the following:

  • When will I have a proper sleep (out out damned jetlag!)
  • How much Aussie sun can a 7-years-long UK resident really stand (not used to that 'burn-y' sun any more and lasted about 45mins today);
  • How much more wine/turkey can I eat/drink; and
  • Are the number of books I will plough through here be a good barometer for the absolute best chilling out holiday ever?
Anyway peeps, I will do my best to keep you posted...presuming I can rouse myself out of the general lethargy and 'can't-be-bothered-ness' that appears to have taken hold.

Hope this side of Christmas finds you all replete with good food, great company...and maybe a little visit from the fat man...

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Vegemite Wife said...

Merry Christmas!! So jealous of you being back in Oz!