Monday 3 May 2010

The Same Cup...

I was checking out the blogs I follow earlier today and was stopped in my tracks by  adbroad's latest postWhilst the post actually pays homage to paper-cup salesman, Leslie Buck (you can click on the link and read the article yourself if you want), it wasn't the story but rather the headline that grabbed my attention.

Before grande there was regular and everyone drank from the same cup

It reminded me of those 'simpler' times when we 'had what we had' and got on with the business of life rather than moaned about the whys and wherefores of what we have or haven't got or achieved or experienced compared with everyone else.

It also made me smile at the 'I want it just so' attitude that we've developed. A mere paper cup would simply never do when life should actually dish it all out on a big silver platter especially designed for each of us. 

But in the end it's not really about the cup is it...more about how we see the cup (personally I am a half full kinda gal) and what we do with it.  And in wondering what to do with a paper cup, I googled and came across this list of 101 Uses For A Paper Cup.  They've only got to 58 so far but here are the three I thought were the most ingenious:

16  A floating thing for a switch on a bilge pump
...because it sounds like the way I would describe something DIY-ish

22  Harley Davidson racing air filter covers in the rain.
...because I don't know what this is but it sounds clever
 
30  Beach Toilet
...because I've been there!
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point you may be wondering about the random nature of this blog post...and yes, you would be absolutely correct in assuming that I am simply avoiding doing the stuff I really should be doing...so I'll be off then, before my cup really does runneth over!

No comments: