Monday 5 April 2010

Easter Parade

We've had a fairly restful Easter up here on Kingston Hill and as I'm watching the sun still peek through the clouds at 6pm, I'm finding it hard to believe that I'll be back at work tomorrow morning (lady-of-leisure-ness is so NOT over-rated!)

But in reflecting on our weekend of me 'n' J just hangin' out together, I think we have managed a number of high points which I thought I'd share with you:

1. The return of Ashes to Ashes Series 3 on Friday night (Gene is back, the fashion is still questionable and we still have no idea how it will all turn out)

2. The return of Doctor Who on Saturday night (and whilst not quite ready to relinquish the top spot in my timelord affections to anyone other than the rather lovely David Tennant, I have to say I like this new doctor's quirky gangly-ness)

3.  Watching Frost/Nixon on Saturday night (which we have been threatening to do for ages - completely fascinating!)

4.  Having our first BBQ of 2010 on Sunday (shamefully late I know but we hope to get in the groove from now on in)

5.  Finally finishing the Rupert Everett bio on Sunday (a personal goal of mine - it was going on a bit and I was torn between finishing what I started in case there was a cracking ending or bailing and wondering did I miss something - fyi it was a combination of the former and the latter which I will leave you to work out)

6. Learning how to play Monopoly Deal (card game version of the board game - much faster and furious-er) and playing several mini 'tournaments' over the weekend - J is ahead 2 'sets' to 1...grrrrr maybe not such a high point? 

and last but by no means least...

7.  Sleeping til we've finished (a little piece of everyday heaven)

and I still haven't cleaned my windows or 'redone' the garden...

Sigh...what a perfect weekend...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

No comments: