Sunday 17 January 2010

A Fetish For Cowboy Boots...

In the last two weeks, I have become completely addicted to Ashes to Ashes

There.  I've said it.

It started out as casual viewing over Saturday night pizzas with J and the kids (movie choices always seem to degenerate into an argument so we went with this) and has ended this weekend with me 'n' J watching all eight episodes of season two.

Not in one sitting mind - but it was two episodes Friday night, two episodes Saturday lunchtime, three episodes with dinner last night and the season finale over breakfast this morning! 

Plot twists flew thick and fast and combined with great 80s tunes (a particular fave is Gene revving the Audi Quattro to the intro of Duran Duran's Rio) and great characters, this heady mix had us rivetted/riveted to our seats! (Riveted...is it one 't' or two...hmmm I can't decide.)

Season 3 started filming last November and will hit TV screens in the UK in Spring 2010. I cannot wait. What will Alex do? Who is Gene Hunt? Can Chris' dress sense get any worse?  What is the wipe-clean wonder fabric that Alex's white jacket (entirely unsuitable for police work I would have thought but hey, this is the 80s) is made from? Will Shaz do more than make tea? And will Raymondo get himself a girl?

Seriously, for me this is just the best mix of 80's nostalgia trip and police drama and I love the whole slightly off-centre supernatural-ness of Alex's dual life. If you are like me - fascinated by a puzzle and tempted by a little voice in the back of your head saying 'what's it all about?' - go on and get your cowboy boots on.  It's Ashes to Ashes time...

No comments: