Saturday 13 June 2009

Finding the words...


Since I began this blog, the highs I have shared have been punctuated with a few lows, both my own and those of people close to me...and with news of two further burglaries and one impending 'passing away' in the last 4 days, I feel quite lost for words...but, in flicking through a magazine yesterday, I did find the following quote...take what you will from it but it moved me, and I wanted to share it...


"Every one of us is called upon, probably many times, to start a new life.
A frightening diagnosis, a marriage, a move, loss of a job...
And onward full tilt we go, pitched and wrecked and absurdly resolute, driven in spite of everything to make good on a new shore.
To be hopeful, to embrace one possibility after another - that is surely the basic instinct...
Crying out: High tide!
Time to move out into the glorious debris.
Time to take this life for what it is"

Barbara Kingsolver, from High Tide in Tucson

No comments: